Made by Me: Fall Decor

I felt the urge to get a little crafty this month.  Currently, I am challenging myself to knit a pumpkin.  If I was crocheting this pumpkin, I'd be done by now.  But I'm not done, not close.  Knitting is hard.  I can do it, though.  Well, I can do one stitch.  I know that if I keep practicing I'll get better. 

I did crochet two little pumpkins earlier this month.  I need to get a stick or something for the stems.  But the last time I used a stick for a crocheted pumpkin stem Pickles ate it.  Perhaps they are just right without a stem.


I took two antiques and put them together to make a functional, pretty decoration using a cheese grater and a bud vase.  I found this old cheese grater at an antique store.  I really liked the look of it.  I've been on the lookout for one of these to make this little pretty for about a year.  I had the bud vase.  Right now I've got some fake leaves in there.  Maybe I'll put some poinsettia leaves for Christmas or some evergreen stems.



Comments

Popular Posts