Friday Five #27

Well, this week has been good but long.  My coworker was on vacation and we had a few different events happening so it kept me very busy.  In fact, I need to work today for about an hour AND I'm working on Sunday leading a training session.  But, I really like my job and the people I work with/for so even thought it was a lot this week, I'm not complaining.  Here are 5 more things I'm grateful for this week.  

1.  We had a great weekend!  Last weekend was the Liberty Fall Festival.  We went in time for the parade.  We checked out the booths and then had lunch at the new BBQ place in our downtown.  There is also a brewery in that building.  We sampled the beer and the BBQ.  It was really good!  The cheesy corn is worth going back for.

2.  That same day we went to another local BBQ food truck in Independence.  It was pouring rain so Matt ran up to get the food and they let him inside to stay dry.  It was also good.  The restaurant has been there for 30 years but they just put the food trucks in front.  The owner said that has increased business a lot.  The restaurant is a mom and pop diner type place.  I think we'll have to give it a try sometime.  

3.  We celebrated 9 years of marriage on Tuesday.   We made our typical Anniversary French toast.  I tried to healthify the situation with some fruit and up the protein with some sausage.  It was, as always, delicious!  I love the tradition and I love that we cook it together.

4.  Another thing we do is give the traditional wedding gift.  Nine is pottery.  I bought Matt a Star Wars color changing coffee mug and he bought me these clay earrings from a vendor at the fall festival. I love them!

5.  Last is a meme that finally put into pictures why I HAVE to sleep with the doors closed.  


Comments

Popular Posts