What's Up Wednesday? May 2019



Well, it's safe to say that May 2019 will go down as one of the worst months of my life.  I wasn't even thinking about writing on the blog but I saw a handful of these posts and thought it was time to write again.  On May 10, we lost our brother Joey (without warning) from natural causes.  He was 42 and to say we are all devastated doesn't even explain the deep sense of loss we are all feeling.  

What we're eating this week?

We have had so much food from friends.  It's been a huge blessing because without it I would for sure not have been eating.  Our small group and my office supplied all of the food for the funeral lunch.

What I'm reminiscing about?

Joe.  We laugh that he was a pain in the ass sometimes and gave us some heart ache, but he was ours and those times are buffered by some real joy and tons of fun.  He loved big.








What I'm loving?

Spending time with family, remembering fun Joey stories (there are ton of them). 





What we've been up to?

Celebrating
Grieving
Mourning
Loving


What I'm dreading?

Christmas without our brother.












What I'm working on?

Breathing

What I'm excited about?

Honestly, I'm having a hard time being excited right now.  

What I'm reading?

I have Joe's kindle, that used to be Mom's, so it's loaded with lots of books.  He loved Game of Thrones, the books and show.  I'm reading Game of Thrones.  It is really good.

What I'm listening to?

Right now, the recap of Tuesday's weather.  It was pretty bad and thankfully missed us and our family.

What I'm watching? 

Hummingbirds on our feeder outside the window. 


What I'm wearing?

Shorts, capri pants, sandals.  It's been in the 70s and 80s lately.  I love it.


What I'm doing this weekend?

Laundry.

What I'm looking forward to next month?

I have no idea. 

What else is new?

Despite the sadness of May, there were some good things. 

Our niece was born.


I went to MPUG in Charleston and learned so much.  I presented a class and won an award (unexpectedly).  We even got some beach time.








Linking with the What's Up Wednesday party.

Comments

Popular Posts