Bake 2019 - May

May.  What a month.  I was gone more than I was home.  Full of highs and lows.  

I did manage to make a couple fun treats.  I'm looking forward to getting back in the kitchen.  I need to work on my angel food cake because that was Joey's favorite.  As long as it had buttercream frosting, no light glaze or fruit for Joe, straight up buttercream.  I loved that!  I don't think there was a baked good he didn't like.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first "bake" of the month was graham cracker sandwiches.

Graham crackers and chocolate buttercream.  Classic, easy, delicious.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a huge amount of strawberries in the frig that needed to be used.  I thought making a strawberry shortcake trifle would be a good use of those berries and a great dessert to share at a family BBQ.

First, I made a pound cake.  It actually made two so I've got one in the freezer for later.  

Then Mom and I got to work on the assembly.  I made some vanilla pudding to add to the layers.  The layers were pound cake, strawberries, vanilla pudding.  We repeated those layers one time.  The last layer was pound cake, strawberries, and cool whip.  

It was Mom's idea to add the pretty garnish of berries and pound cake crumbs.  Nice, huh?


It was delicious and extra special because Mom and I did it together.  


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made some chocolate chip cookies last night for an after family dinner treat.  I had the dough in the freezer already.  No fancy pictures because they were gobbled up quickly!  But Evalyn carried the last one around with her while she slowly nibbled on it.  She even held it in the grandkid photo.  See that cookie in the adorable little blondie's hand?  





Comments

Popular Posts