Friday Five #14

ONE
We had a really fun date night last Friday at First Fridays in the Crossroads district.  We checked out some art, vendors, and stores.  It was a gorgeous night to be out and about.  We loved eating at the food trucks.  We'd pick one and get something to share.  Mostly small bites and we were still hungry.  We were in the mood for pizza and found Papa Keno's.  The slices were huge and delicious!  I had pepperoni and Matt had sausage.  We shared a KC Bier Dunkel.  We ate it all!


TWO

I really like Tarte makeup.  I had been out for a few months so I picked up some mineral powder foundation and primer.  It came with a setting spray, setting powder, and mascara.  It's expensive but it lasts months and looks good.  Worth it!


THREE

I finished the table!  The leaf was a board from Lowe's that I stained.  It's a different type of wood so it's gives it a nice striped effect.  I drilled holes in one side so that it will fit in and not fly up if someone puts their elbows on the table.


FOUR

I finished a little C2C crochet project.  It's super cute!  It's supposed to be a pillow.  I haven't made the back yet so it's not technically complete.  I just couldn't wait to share!


FIVE

I had some follow up blood work this morning.  It was my 6 month check in to test my A1C levels.  6 months ago it was 8.8.  Not good, I had been eating well and had lost 15 pounds at that point.  I got a bit more strict with my total carbs and exercised more. 3 months ago it was 7.3.  Still too high, still in the diabetes range.  Today it was 6.8, 0.3 points away from being OUT of the diabetes category!  I'm so excited.  The nurse today was a bit of a doozy, if you know what I mean.  She's the same one that last time couldn't figure out why my blood was flowing so slowly and stuck me multiple times.  She never took the tourniquet off.  That explains her a bit.  She asked me today why they were even checking my A1C.  Part of me wanted to say none of your beeswax, just do your job, and don't forget the tourniquet this time.  But grace won - phew - and I explained that 6 months ago it was very high and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.  I told her I've been working really hard to get myself out of that category so one day they can erase that diagnosis.  0.3 away from NOT being in that type 2 category!!  40+ pounds lighter!! Boom!  Praise God!

Comments

Popular Posts