Friday Five #13

ONE
I fixed our microwave last night.  We went a couple years without a microwave at out old house so I thought it being broken was no big deal.  We actually use it a lot.  Even if it's just for the clock or timer.   The door handle broke and wouldn't stay closed so we unplugged it.  Last night I googled how to fix it and found a video.  I followed all the steps and fixed it.  I used a butter knife to pop out the inside cover, pulled out the plastic latch, and sure enough the plastic casing that holds the spring was broken.  I drilled a new hole and attached the spring to it again.  After I put it all back together it worked!  It worked!!  

TWO
I'm typing from my new laptop.  I bought a Chrome book.  I can't believe how inexpensive laptops are now!  It's a simple little laptop, has all the google things I use, and so far works pretty quickly.  It was less than $200!  Here's a screenshot I grabbed from the Wal-Mart website.  


THREE
I started doing a 30 day Pilate's challenge.  I know I need to get into doing more strength training and I really like Pilate's. It's a free challenge on YouTube from The Balanced Life Pilate's.  It's no more than 8-9 minutes a day.  A great little jump start/baby step.


FOUR
This cracks me up.  It's so true!  I was just talking to a friend about how happy we were to not have all the social media we have now when we were in college.  Another friend has high school aged girls and they struggle with being on social media too much but not wanting to let it go.  Even as a grown up I find myself missing the time wasting scroll of instagram.   When I saw this funny on a blog I read, my first thought was I wish I could post this on insta.  🙄


FIVE
This photo shows two cool things.  1.  I voted on Tuesday, which is important even in the mid term.  2. I'm wearing my bird shirt.  It didn't even fit over my body a year ago.  🎆



Linking this week with friday favorites.


Comments

Popular Posts