What's Up Wednesday? February 2019



What we're eating this week?

This week's menu is pork roast, pork nachos, meatloaf, chicken noodle soup, and leftovers.

What I'm reminiscing about?


February has been brutal!  Last week, I told Matt that I was going to get in my car and drive south until there was no more snow.  Then if I got out of the car and couldn't wear capri pants I was getting back in my car.  #overwinter


What I'm loving?

Pickles not only cuddles with us and sleeps in our bed sometimes she gets right up next to us even at night sometimes.  Here she is all curled up behind my knees.  




What we've been up to?

We've been watching a lot of TV lately.  February has been a cold month!

What I'm dreading?

More cold weather is coming this weekend.  The forecast is FRIGID!


What I'm working on?

I finished my sweater!  I actually like it.  The sleeves are rather voluminous but it's a kimono style sweater.  I used the weight of yarn called for in the pattern but it was a different style.  I will wear it!
Pictures to come!

What I'm excited about?


Spring IS coming and the days are getting longer.  More walks and time outside are just around the corner.  

What I'm reading?

A Fatal Grace.  It's the second in a series and I'm having a tough time getting into it.  I think it's a slow starter so I'm going to power through.  I've already abandoned one book this month.


What I'm listening to?
 Nothing new, same old podcasts.  Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey, That Sounds Fun, The Next Right Thing, and The Bible Binge. 


What I'm watching? 

It's been so cold we have watched a lot of Netflix.  The usual British Baking Show for me.  I've finally made it to the newer seasons and I'm okay with the new hosts.  I like the new judge.  We watched World's Busiest Cities, a few of the Dating Around episodes, and Champions of Golf.  We just finished The Ted Bundy documentary series.

What I'm wearing?
My new sweater that I made.  


What I'm doing this weekend?

We were just given tickets to an ACDC cover band on Friday.  A friend won them and can't use them.  The concert is in our neck of the woods so he offered them to us.  Should be a fun night!

What I'm looking forward to next month?

Well, the groundhog said spring is coming early so that is what I'm looking forward to.   We have had at least three major storms since then so....

What else is new?
Today we are going to celebrate Matt's grandma turning 100. 




Bonus:  What is our favorite board game to play with kids?

 I love playing Monopoly with our nieces and nephews on Matt's side.  It can be excruciatingly long but it's a great chance to spend time with them.  We don't play many board games with the other side, they usually want to play made up games.  I like playing Yahtzee and card games are fun. 






Linking with the party.

Comments

Popular Posts