Friday Five #7

ONE
I needed some green in my life so I went to Lowe's and bought two plants.  I bought a Golden Pothos and a Polka Dot Plant. 


TWO
Pickles was looking very sad out at the snow on Saturday.  


I loaded her up and took her to Lowe's with me.  We walked the perimeter and she was very interested in the big bags of bird food.  It ended up being a nicer afternoon than I expected so she got a walk around the neighborhood too.  I decided to go as far as the sidewalks were clear and we got the whole mile in.  Much needed!


THREE
We have great neighbors.  One of our neighbors in the cul-de-sac behind us has a plow blade for his riding lawn mower.  We got a ton of snow on Friday and he cleared the driveways of all the houses on the cul-de-sac and on the south end of our street.  He was out there for hours.  We wanted to say thank you so I put together a little hot chocolate kit and took it over.  Matt was impressed I delivered without him.  I'm not the bravest of neighbors to just go knock on someone's door.  


FOUR
When I was diagnosed Type 2, I decided to try to cut out carbs in all the places I could.  I started with my morning coffee.  Instead of flavored creamers I got the idea from Sonia to use sugar free coffee syrups and a little half & half or heavy cream.  Now it's my preferred way to drink coffee. Here's my latest collection of syrups.  Butter pecan, Vanilla Caramel Creme, Toasted Marshmallow (good in hot chocolate too), Mint Chocolate, and Coconut (which I use in my diet DP).  You can get them really cheap at places like Tuesday Morning, Home Goods, and sometimes TJ Maxx.


FIVE
I hit a bit of a plateau with my weight loss last month.  My blood sugars have been great so I haven't felt frustrated.  But the last couple weeks the pounds have been coming off again.  I am over 50% towards my big goal.    



Comments

Popular Posts