Friday Five #4

Happy Friday!  It is a happy Friday because today is sunshiney and the polar vortex has moved on.

ONE
Wednesday was in the negatives and then it started to snow!  I sent this to a few people.
How I feel at the first snow of the year.
How I felt on Wednesday.

TWO
My Christmas cactus has one really big bloom ready to open up.  There are two small ones as well.  A coworker gave this to me last year after our miscarriage so I am thrilled to see it blooming!


THREE
I'm getting the itch to pretty up the guest room and the office/crafty room.  I think I'll go do some thrifting this weekend to get the good stuff people have konmaried out of their homes.  I want some nightstands in the guest room.  Right now there are some bookshelves working as nightstands.  But I need those in my crafty room to organize and get stuff off the floor.  

FOUR
Matt and I were at Costco last weekend and I saw a giant bag of crispy jalapenos in the salad section.  I thought they sounded great and they are low carb but didn't want to buy a giant bag in case they weren't great.  I found a small container in the Walmart grocery section.  They are delicious! I put them on my oven fajitas this week.  I've snacked on them plain.  They're like the crispy onions you put on green bean casserole.  I have used those as a chip replacement when I have a chip craving.  A serving size is two tablespoons which is always enough to curb the craving.  These do have a bit of spice to them.  Yummy!


FIVE
My coworker retired yesterday after 20 years at our church.  She's been a great woman to work with and call friend.  We are really going to miss working with her day in and day out.  She'll still be around on Sundays and volunteering in the office.  A few of us decorated her office.   We hung streamers from her door and from the ceiling in her office.  She loved it!



Comments

Popular Posts