What's Up Wednesday? October 2018


October was a pretty great month!

What we're eating this week?

This week I'm keeping it easy with classics we love.  Taco Salad is a long time fave.  Pulled pork in the crockpot can easily be seasoned however I'm feeling.  Mummy dogs are just pigs in a blanket on Halloween served with broccoli instead of fries to keep it low carb.  Baked chicken with pepper and onions will be an easy sheet pan supper.  

What I'm reminiscing about?



Last night was the first time in almost a year that my brothers and I have all been together.  It was a fun night.  It was a quick night because it was a school night for the nephew and nieces.  


What I'm loving?

.

Emma Marie's laugh.  She sticks her tongue out, crinkles her nose, squints her eyes, and belly laughs.  It's hilarious!  She's going to be just like her daddy.  What a sweet niece!

What we've been up to?

We went to a local brewery for a fundraiser for a rescue group.  It was a costume party so we all wore our Chiefs gear.  It was a blast!  





What I'm dreading?

I'm praying the holidays go well.  Sometimes it's a little stressful coordinating with family members and some family gets a little on edge.  It's always great to be together but sometimes it's crazy. 

What I'm working on?

Can you believe I'm still working on the gingham crochet baby blanket?  It's pretty typical.  I have craft ADD.  One project gets put aside for another one and then another one and so on.  Next month, expect a photo!
  

What I'm excited about?

This is pretty awesome!  

What I'm reading?

I've got a couple books going now.  First is the Bible study we're doing at church.


I just picked up Remember God by Annie F Downs.  So far I really like it.  I'll share more in my monthly book reviews.  



What I'm listening to?

We did a new song at church a few weeks ago.  It was so upbeat, the kind of song you want to dance to.  I loved it!  I had heard it before that Sunday.  I was in a meeting with the staff the week after and some of the men mentioned it was hard to sing and they didn't see a lot of engagement.  I spoke up and said that it was because they were in front of me and didn't see me dancing behind them.  Plus I had heard it before so I could sing it.  It's been a fun on going joke now.  I caught the pastors listening to it in the back once and another day they were singing it.  Without further adieu... here is Grace Upon Grace.  Two versions because it's that good. 




What I'm watching?

I love Netflix!  There are so many great British shows on there.  Or maybe their algorithm is on to me and only shows me British shows.


I'm watching the first seasons.  I hear the most recent season has new hosts (boo!) and Mary Berry is no longer a judge.  I think I can be okay with new hosts, but no Mary Berry!  The horror!


What I'm wearing?

All the cardigans!  I love layering for fall.  I've got light weight cardigans and heavy weight cardigans.  Cardigans with hoods and without.  

What I'm doing this weekend?

Hanging out with Joey while he's in town.  It's the annual Harvest Moon fall festival at Casey & Amanda's house.  That will be fun!  There's an event our missions pastor is putting on that I'd like to go to but we probably won't make it.

What I'm looking forward to next month?
Thanksgiving!  Sure it's stressful sometimes but the food is always good!

What else is new?
There's a really sweet local ministry that is a support group for women who have lost a child through pregnancy loss, miscarriage, or infant death.  I've had the first two and this group has been really good for me.  

Bonus:  What is your favorite Halloween costume?
Well, I can't find any photos but I remember being a witch for a few years as a kid.   As an 80s kid we had those plastic costumes with plastic masks.

Here's us tonight:




Linking with the party.

Comments

Popular Posts