Fall Decorating

Well, well, well. It's been a while!  It seems like each week I think I at least have some Friday Favorites to post but I just don't get around to doing it.

Good thing this is just a fun hobby and not my job.  Ha!



I had a lot of fun decorating our new home for fall.  It took me forever to figure out the every day decor!  Honestly, I feel like I just got the every day things on the wall and then I switched over to Fall.

I started by pulling out all the pumpkins.


The shallow baskets are part of the every day decor.  I had some little green wreaths in there and swapped them out for these Thankful and Grateful wreaths that I made.  


These were really easy to put together.  I saw the idea at a home decor shop in Liberty for $20 each.  I loved the idea but not the actual ones there for that price.  I got the supplies at Hobby Lobby and put these together for $5 each.  The grapevine wreaths have two berry picks I hot glued on them.  I found the wooden words and used a little paint I had at home to add a little color.  Once they were dry I hot glued them on.  I put clear command hooks on the baskets.  


Here's a shot of how they look over the couch.  



I love having a fireplace and mantel to decorate.  This is the only place the TV makes sense for us so it kind of limits my mantel decor.  But it really is the best spot and I still have plenty of room.  


Here's a close up.  I love that fall greenery!


Max, Hyacinth, and Rudy made their Honeysuckle debut.  


I put something in all four corners of the fireplace.  Overkill?  Maybe.  Do I care?  No way!  I finally have a place to put stuff and I'm going for it.  


I thought this was cute.  I swapped it out for a sign in our command center.


I used to use this table as my mantel.  I couldn't let it go undecorated.  Here's more of that fun fall greenery with the pumpkin I crocheted last year and a vintage nut grinder.


The other side has the Tom's Toasted Peanuts jar from my grandparents bowling alley filled with fake apples and a cute little scarecrow.


I'm forced to hang my wreaths on the inside doors.  It can get so windy on our front porch that the wreaths flop around and fly off.  I'm cool with this.    


What I like most about this is it will last the whole fall season.  I can leave all of this up until it's time to decorate for Christmas.  I did add a few things for Halloween.  I turned all the jack-o-lanterns around and added some Halloween candles.  


Well, that's it for my fall home tour.  I like how everything turned out. It feels cozy and homey.  

 I'm looking forward to decorating for Christmas.  



Comments

  1. So many cute little touches and I just love that you could make those wreath baskets for a fraction of the price.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

Popular Posts