October Book Review

I missed September's book review because I had started a bunch of books in August and couldn't focus to finish just one.  This month I focused in and finished some I started and picked up some new ones.
The first two are books I started in August and finished this month.

1.  The Road Back to You, An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery by Ian Cron and Suzanne Stabile - Well, as a girl that loved the personality tests in all the magazines I thought I'd be all about this book.  I found it interesting, for sure.  I think I've narrowed down which of the 9 types I am, but it's too much.  I can't keep track of all the types and how one person can be one type but be influenced by another type (called their wing).  Too much!  Interesting, but too much!



2.  The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell - This book was full of twists. Rose is a typist in a police station during prohibition.  She is a practical kind of gal, a bit of a loner until a new typist is hired named Odalie.  Rose becomes infatuated with Odalie.  There's a bit of "single white female" obsession that Rose takes on and the end leaves you wondering who done it and why.  I hear there will be a movie of this book and I'll go watch it.  


3.  The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield - I got a bit bored with this book and skipped ahead about 100 pages.  Then I got to a part so sad and so terrible I had to go back to read the parts I missed.  I'd give it about 2.5 stars.  Sam is a pastor that keeps getting shuffled around. Every year he misses his wife's family reunion in their hometown to attend the annual convention to find out where they are moving him to.  Tragedy strikes in his wife's family and they all move back home.  Not a terrible book, but it was slow.  Once I skipped ahead to see how it ended I realized there were quite a few story lines throughout that wrapped up in the end.  


4.  The Naturally Clean Home by Karyn Siegel-Maier - I think I will need to buy this one.  Lots of good recipes for natural cleaning products.  I love the liquid laundry detergent and all the tips and tricks for naturally cleaning your home.  Most of them are tried and true recipes that people would have used years ago.  I tried a liquid dish soap recipe and I didn't care for it.  I'll try another when my bottle of Dawn runs out.  Most of the ingredients are things you could find a almost any store with a natural section.  I bought castille soap at Costco and essential oils at Big Lots.  Vinegar is a popular ingredient you can get anywhere.  


That's it!  Some good reads, some okay reads.  Now on to the two books I started in August and the three books in my stack.  

Comments

Popular Posts