High Five for Friday - April 17, 2014

We are so happy to have our old laptop back.  Thanks to my brother, Joe, for fixing it! 

1.  This week this girl caught her first rabbit.  She's been practicing for this her entire 4 years of life. 

 

2.  I ordered some new flips for the summer.  I love Sanuk brand flip flops.  The yoga mat kind are the most comfortable ever!  I bought them on Amazon.  Time for a pedicure!





3.  Last night, Matt and I walked to Mr. Le's Sushi for dinner.  He said, "Let's go through the neighborhood instead of taking the main road."  I was game for a good walk.  We were almost there when he said, "We'll just cut through the field.  There's a ravine we'll have to cross but there are a couple of rail road ties to help us."  Excuse me?!?!  What!?  I asked if there was sidewalk/road the whole way and he said yeah.  When he said field and ravine, I pictured acres of land we would have to traverse and then a deep pit with two logs over that we would have to  tightrope walk across.  Ha!  So over dramatic.  This was it.







4.  Today I got crafty and repurposed some jewelry.  I had this long mixed necklace.  It was pearls, rhinestones, and chunky gold chain.  I haven't worn it because of the chunky chain part.  It's too much for me.  So, I had some lobster clasps I had purchased to fix a necklace and put them to use.  A couple pairs of pliers later and I have some new jewelry.  The pearls are long enough to be a necklace.  The rhinestones are too short to be a necklace but not long enough to be a double bracelet.  I'll need to do some work on that.  The chunky chain?  Who knows?  I'll put it in my crafty box.



5. It's no secret that I would LOVE to have a 5-n-1 griddle.  It's a grill, it's a griddle, it's a Panini press, it's everything.  It's also expensive.  I have seen it at Costco for half that price, but I didn't get it.  The main reason is we just can't add one more thing to our tiny, cramped, lacking storage kitchen.  Bring on the waffle iron!  It's not a grill or griddle but it can be a Panini press!  Here's a picture of how it works.  Be sure to get your ingredients lined up while the waffle iron heats up.  You will need to work fast.  I have used hamburger buns and whole wheat bread.  I butter the outside, but you could probably get away with olive oil.  







Comments

Popular Posts