High Five for Friday

What a super duper cold week it has been!  This first full week of January has been downright frigid. But the sun has been out and the photos of sunrise and sunset out there are amazing!  

1.  Matt and I rang in the new year at home. We had appetizers for dinner and bought some mini 2 ounce bottles of flavored vodka to mix with coke and sprite.  We were crazy!  Ha!  We even managed to stay up until midnight. Well, two out of three Vaughan's made it. 


2.  New Years Day we went to a movie. We saw The Hobbit and that night I had nightmares about trolls. Ha!  

3.  We also bought a puzzle. We had never done a puzzle together. We took a couple days over the weekend to put it together.  Now I've got puzzle fever!  


4. We rearranged the house. We got rid of the TV cabinet and put the love seat by the window.  It really opens the place up!  So much more room for activities.  I want to work on a gallery wall there. 


5.  As part of my #rejoice2015 I felt like I should read 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  It's been on my wish list for a long long time. I was only able to check out the audio version. Man is it good!  The picture below is from right after I stopped crying. That first chapter!  


6.  We had the Vaughan Elwell family Christmas last weekend. It was so much fun!  I love that Sawyer, Oakley, and Walker are so lovey and sit on our laps and want to be with us.  Jill is having another girl in July and we just can't wait for niece number 3!  No photos because I was too in the moment. I love that.

7.  Finally, is it weird that a cleaning tool has made my list?  My mom and dad gave us a DustBuster for Christmas. It's great!  I'm working on the couches and the dog hair. 





Comments

Popular Posts