High Five for Friday!

What a quick week this has been!  The weather here in KC has gone from cool to warm back to cool.  Which means I've gone from boots with scarves to flats with cardis and back.  No complaints here!  So here are my top five things from this week.  I love a good list!




1.  This song by Lauren Daigle is my new fave.  Every time I hear it I stop and meditate on the words.  Give it a listen, put it on your playlist.  I hope you love it as much as I do. 






2.  How cute are these bowls?  They are just everything I can't get enough of - cute, little, colorful.  I didn't buy even one! 


3.  Addicted!  My sweet coworker, Leslie, got me hooked on this stuff.  We keep it in our desk drawers at all times.



4.  Last weekend, Matt and I went to the Hovey/Wilson house to celebrate their Happily Blended ceremony.  Maggie and Patrick got married in Vegas in October but had a special ceremony for the kids last Saturday.  The ceremony was just for them but they had a reception afterwards and did all the things the kids wanted.  The little girls wanted white dresses and wedding cake, the big girl wanted flowers, and the boys just didn't want to wear dress pants. 



5.  This is a good news/bad news kind of thing.  Monday morning my small group leader (and dear friend) called to let us know that our group is disbanding.  Attendance has been waning, people have moved, people have switched churches, it's been a tough season for us.  These people were with us through most of our infertility stuff, there for our loss, and have become such an important part of our lives.  So it has been discouraging and sad the last couple months to be the only ones there or to only have 3 or 4 people there.  It was really wearing on our leaders.  I know the friendships I've formed will last. So that's the bad news. 

The good news is The Carry Camp.  This  is a new ministry for women living in the land of infertility. They have devotionals, blog posts, scripture, and small groups. I wasn't sure about small groups. But after some prayer I felt like I should sign up. I am so glad I did. I already feel such a sense of community.  Wouldn't you know that the email from my small group leader came the same day as the phone call about our group at church. I am so thankful for this new community. 

Comments

Popular Posts