Turquoise Earring Repurpose


I have these earrings that I LOVE!  My brother and sister in law gave them to me for Christmas one year. They are long and dangly and swingy. But I haven't worn them much lately.


They are so swingy it was hard to get a photo on my ear.  I pull them out once a week and think man I wish these were shorter.  So today made them shorter and after a run to Hobby Lobby I had a new necklace and earring set. 

First let me show you the before. 



I love the colors. I love the filigree. I love them and wanted to get more wear out of them. 

Here's the after. 


I purchased a 30 inch chain that was on sale. Using pliers I pulled apart the jump rings on the earring and put them on the chain. 


I'm so excited about my "new" necklace and earring set!  For $2.00 and a little work I got a set that would cost at least 10 times as much in a store. 





Comments

Popular Posts