Friday Five - # who knows

Hey!  Hey!  Hey!  It's been a while so here it goes.  Here are some things I am grateful for this week.

1.  Let's start this off right with a picture of sweet Pickles.  She's been cuddly lately, especially on the cooler nights.  She likes to be close to us and it's super cute.


2.  Speaking of cooler temps, it has been cooler most of the week.  Not sweater weather yet but it's been refreshing.  Crisp and cool mornings, warm afternoons, moderate evenings.  Really nice!

3.  I bought a new foundation at Target and love it.  It's not new to the market just new to me.  I've been using it for a couple weeks.  It reminds me of the Estee Lauder liquid foundation I've used.

  


4.  The last couple weeks at work there has been a lady, who is normally very kind, that has been a bit cantankerous.  She doesn't work with us.  She's a ministry leader with an event coming up.  She got really grouchy with my coworker.  The next day she came in to apologize to us because she realized that we had sent her all the information and we were promoting her event.  She just hadn't seen it in her email until her friend pointed it out to her.  We copied her friend on the emails because she was helping her prepare for the event.  



5.  Pickles and I had a scary incident this week on a walk.  This lady was in her driveway with her dog, looked like some kind of doodle about 50-60 pounds.  The dog was on a leash and had that gentle leader walking trainer around it's muzzle.  She was pulling weeds with one hand, holding on to the dog with the other, and cradling her phone in her shoulder having a conversation.  The dog didn't seem threatening until we were just about past it.  It got away from the owner and came after Pickles.  It went for her neck.  I was able to pull her away and the fact that the dog had that trainer on prevented it from getting a good grip.  We hustled away, but the dog came again.  This time Pickles rolled onto her back and started screaming.  That's the only way to describe it - high pitched scream.  I've heard her scream like that before when she was really hurt.  This time she was really scared.  The dog scratched at her and tried to bite her again.  Luckily, Pickles' harness protected her from scratches and I was able to get her away before it snapped at her.  All the while the lady is standing there in her driveway yelling the dog's name.  I yelled at her to come get her dog as Pickles and I were crossing the street, she was no help at all.  The dog came after us a couple more times but I yelled at it to get back and it did.  The lady FINALLY got her dog and yelled apologies asking if I was okay.  I said nope, not okay at all with this situation.  She asked about Pickles.  I told her she was walking and I didn't see any visible blood but we weren't going to stop until we were out of eye shot.  Pickles was fine, not a scratch on her.  But we were both pretty shaken up.  I'm thankful that she had a harness on to protect her from scratches and it allowed me to pick her up like a package.  I'm thankful that dog had on the gentle leader and wasn't able to get a bite on her.   This happened on a street we don't normally walk on so I can avoid this dog pretty easily.

Comments

Popular Posts