Book Review - August 2019

A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin

Image result for a game of thrones

I finally finished Game of Thrones. The first one.  I started reading at the end of May.  I took Joe's kindle, which had been Mom's kindle.  He loved the books and the series.  I could never talk with him about it, but I listened to many a story about it.  😃  I always said I needed to read it because it sounded pretty good. The books are all so long and that discouraged me from reading.  It is long but it is really good.  I could have done without some of the violence to the horses.  Other than that, it's a good story of a family that (so far) is honorable that gets entangled with a family that is not.  It's set in a fictional medieval setting.  There are a lot of characters, some I liked more than others.   I'm looking forward to reading the next one.

  In His Image by Jen Wilkin



This is a book I almost gave up on.  It took me 6 weeks to read it and it's not a long book.  I kept falling asleep when I was reading it.   But I'm glad I stuck with it.  This book is about 10 characteristics of God and how He wants us to reflect those characteristics.  Jen Wilkin is very smart.  I know a lot of people (women and men) who love her work and her voice.  I'm not sure why it took me so long to get through, it's a really good book.  It was probably more academic than I anticipated.  Not a bad thing at all.  I'd recommend this book.  Just not when you are sleepy.


Comments

Popular Posts