July Fun with Pickles!

The month began with Pickles' very favorite holiday, 4th of July.  NOT!  She enjoyed having family and friends over to celebrate but the fireworks were not cool!

Pickles is not in this shot. We went to Colorado Springs in July.  We went back and forth on taking Pickles with us and ultimately decided not to.  Everywhere we went was dog friendly.  We wished we had brought her.  

But she had a great time at Matt's parents house.  Nancy loved having her.  Pickles kept her good company and chased away all the critters eating Jack's tomatoes.  Here she is on patrol.


She stuck pretty close to us when we brought her home.  

 She even let Matt hold her like a baby.  


I was trying to eat breakfast one morning and this girl was eyeballing my scrambled eggs.  


She got over my pillow barricade only to find I had eaten the eggs.  She sniffed the broccoli and then she ate a piece!  Pickles does not eat vegetables unless they are cooked.  The broccoli must have been cooked to her liking or had egg residue on it.

We ended the month on a rough note.  She woke me up around 2am because I heard her stirring in her kennel.  Then she was pawing to be let out.  I took her out on her leash and she pottied.  She was looking for a good spot to poop when there was lightning and thunder, so in she went.  She woke me about an hour later and I put her on her chain. She had many bm's so I thought she was having diarrhea.  Sure enough she had to go out again an hour later.  I got about 4-5 hours of sleep that night so all I wanted to do was take a nap after work.  She had accidents in the basement, on the couch, and on our bed!  I cleaned all that up and went to nap in the guest room.  She was fine and we aren't sure what caused it.   Maybe too many lizards from the backyard.






Comments

Popular Posts