Friday Five #24 - HBD!

1.  Happy birthday to me!  Today is #45!  Is that not the best bag ever?  Matt brought me coffee in bed this morning and fun presents in this bag. 

2.  I had two coffee dates this morning.  One with an old friend and one with a new friend. 

3.  Last year I was in Florida on my birthday and we had THE.MOST.FUN!  Missing being with mom and dad today and missing Joey.  It's still hard to believe that Joe's gone.  Today I got Pickles and some McDonald's and had lunch at the cemetery.  Pickles is a fan of chicken nuggets but not french fries. 

4.  When I get the chance to make my own birthday cake, I love to do that.  Typically, I make a yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting.  This year I decided to make a devil's food layer cake with peanut butter frosting on the inside and chocolate buttercream on the outside.  Maybe a chocolate peanut butter swirl of frosting on top?  Pictures to come later.

5.  I can't wait to celebrate with family tomorrow.  I'm making a Mexican fiesta.  I've got ground beef and pork carnitas.  Stuff to make tacos, nachos, or taco salad. 

Comments

Popular Posts