Friday Five #25

Happy Friday!  This week has been pretty mild, except for a real scorcher on Monday, so I've had the doors open in the morning.

1.  We love our storm door!

2.  Last Saturday, we had a great party.  





Matt and his mom and dad were there too.   Cute kids always get more camera time. 

3.  We had a fun lunch at work yesterday.   We were missing some people so it was a smaller crowd and everyone got to talk to everyone.  Sometimes there are so many people it's just side conversations, which is also fun.  

4.  I have to share this cake early.  I made a chocolate peanut butter cake for my birthday.  It was SO good.  The cake got rave reviews from everyone!  I was happy with my rosettes.

5.  Did I share about our sleepover with Jack and Evalyn?  I went over to their house on a Friday and got to hang out with Sonia while the kids played - which was really great!  I love that sister-in-love of mine.  Then I took the big kids home with me.  Jack is for sure my blood, he asked to stop for a cold drink.    They decided they were going to do a no TV challenge (and a no lego challenge) for the rest of the day.  We got home and put our swimsuits on.  We had the pool to ourselves and stayed for just over an hour.  Then we went home to meet Uncle Matt.  The kids really wanted to go eat at Hardee's because they have these toys in the kid meal they want.  We did that, went to the park, and went out for popsicles.  


We got home and busted out the art supplies.  Jack wanted to make a parachute for the guy he got in his kids meal and Evalyn wanted to work on the puzzle from hers.  Jack calls our house his second home - he knows where everything is.  I absolutely love that they both feel so at home here.  While he was getting out art supplies he found some fiber fill I've used for pillows.  He said he wished he could make a stuffed animal out of it.  So I pulled out some fabric scraps I have, one was a brown nubby minky fabric.  He liked that it was soft but wondered what could we make with that.  I gently vetoed the teddy bear idea because I knew I'd be doing the sewing.  LOL!  I encouraged him to think outside the box, hint: you like emojis.  So we made poop emoji stuffed animals.   They told me where to cut and I did a quick sew down the sides.  They stuffed and decided to use pompoms for the face.  Then we watched a movie and went to bed.  The next day we had a breakfast picnic in the living room while watching youtube hamster videos.  Then we went see Toy Story 4.  A fun full slumber party!



Comments

Popular Posts