Friday Five #21

Happy day after the 4th of July!

1. We had a great party on July 3.  Johnny, Sonia, Chuck, Amanda, all the kids, and Derek came over.  We grilled burgers and hot dogs, had chips and veggies and dip.  Everyone brought something and we had a fantastic time!  I went to bed with such a smile on my face.  I love spending time with my family.  The kids played in a crazy sprinkler and Nora brought a fun water game too.  Here's the big kids drying off.


Look how big Joanna is getting!  6 weeks old and 10 pounds.



2.  The city does their fireworks not far from our house at a baseball/softball/soccer park.  It's kind of in a valley.  There's a spot where we can walk to at the top of a hill to watch.  So we loaded up chairs and blankets and the kids.  Emma is not a fan of fireworks.  She says they're "too woud."  She snuggled with me the whole time.  I thoroughly enjoyed that.  She is an on the go toddler, so you grab the snuggles when you can.  
  


Then we went back to the house and did some driveway fireworks.   


3.  During the fireworks, we reminisced about all the fun 4th of July's we had with Joey.  Chuck played some House of Pain and Amanda remembered the times that Joe would want us to play a specific song after he lit a big firework.  It was this one, classic Joe!  



So, of course, we played it.  I'm glad we have so many fun memories.  We all miss him like crazy and are forever changed but I'm so thankful for how close we were throughout our lives and that one day we'll see him again.  

4.  Last Saturday, we got to watch Sawyer play baseball.  He's 11 and starting middle school this year!  He was born just a few weeks after Matt and I started dating.  He's such a sweet boy and loves sports so much! 


5.  I got some new pajamas at Kohl's yesterday.  They are perfect for summer and pretty much scream Lisa.  Plus, they were on sale and they let me stack coupons to get them down to $10.


Comments

Popular Posts