What's Up Wednesday? December 2018


Oh December, we have a complicated relationship.  I'm glad to see you come for all the holiday parties and celebrating the birth of Christ.  I'm glad to see you go because we've had a couple really tough Decembers (two pregnancies lost in December 2013 and 2017).  Time, prayer, and support makes each year a little easier but the sadness and memories never go away.

What we're eating this week?

Easy lowish carb meals. 
Chicken Sausages with roasted broccoli and fries.
Meatballs and Pumpkin pasta sauce from Aldi.
On our own Wednesday.
Chicken breasts with Tuscan Spice blend from the spice shop in Mount Dora and some veggies.

What I'm reminiscing about?

Our trip to Disney Springs last week.  That's us wearing shorts in December!  
I love Florida in December! 




What I'm loving?

Our family photos!  



What we've been up to?
We celebrated Emma's first birthday.


We ran into a local celebrity at a holiday brunch.


I found out I'm on the nice list.


We spent some much needed time in Florida.  What is it about palm trees lit up like Christmas trees that makes me so happy?  


My very favorite Christmas lights are in Mount Dora, Florida.

Here's the boat yard and docks lit up. That's the reflection in the water in the middle of that photo.



The town's tree is magical.




What I'm dreading?

WINTER!!!

Image result for winter inside meme


What I'm working on?

Finishing up the last of the Christmas shopping and then wrapping all the gifts.  I like wrapping!

What I'm excited about?

Christmas baking!  I've baked some cookies and plan to make some candies with our oldest niece this week too.  Chocolate dipped easy things - pretzels, oreo truffles, etc.

What I'm reading?

Image result for still life louise penny

What I'm listening to?

My Christmas Spotify playlist.


What I'm watching?

I finally watched The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society movie.  It was really good.  I loved the book so I was hesitant to watch it.  But it was a good adaptation!
Image result for guernsey literary and potato peel pie society

What I'm wearing?

I haven't really gotten anything new lately.  Same old sweaters and jeans.  Trying to avoid wearing the winter coat at all costs.  

What I'm doing this weekend?

We are for sure celebrating Christmas with Matt's side of the family on Sunday.  Not sure when we're celebrating with my brother and his family yet.

What I'm looking forward to next month?

Hmmm... the calendar is pretty open for next month. 

What else is new?

I'm getting new glasses this month.


Bonus:  What is your favorite last minute gift idea?

I think gift cards to someplace generic are nice.  Not very personal, though.  Really, it depends on the person.  I used to have a little stash of things to use for last minute gifts or gift exchanges. 
Nice candles
Cute mugs
Kitchen towels
Seasonal decor
Home made goodies






Linking with the party.

Comments

Popular Posts