Book Reviews - November & December

I read some good books in November and December.

 Remember God by Annie F. Downs 

This is a really good book.  I actually listened to it and then I read it.  A good reminder that God is in the details, He cares, and He is kind even when our life doesn't go the way we want or expect it to.


The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

A new to me detective novel.  I found it hard to put this one down.  I like the main detective character and look forward to reading more in the series. 


Experiencing Grief by H. Norman Wright

This is a little book I picked up a while ago and thought December would be a good month for me to read it.  It was good, pretty basic but good. 


If You Only Knew by Jamie Ivey

I gave this one three stars.  I liked it, it was good.  The author did a good job of "going first" and sharing the things she has done and been through that would make someone think God couldn't love them.  It was a quick read.  If you like Jamie Ivey's podcast, you may have heard a lot of these stories but you may like her writing style.  It's similar to her speaking style. 


Coming Home for Christmas by Fern Michaels

This was a delightful collection of Christmas novellas.  Short, sweet, predictable but good.  A fun read on the airplane to Florida. 



Still Life by Louise Penny

I heard about this book series a few times and finally picked up the first one.  It was really good. Another new detective series to add to my list.  

Comments

Popular Posts