Christmas 2018

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!  We are winding down from FOUR Christmases this year!  It was fabulous!



We started our Christmas in Florida with Mom, Dad, and Joey.  We really enjoyed our time there.  We went to Disney Springs and did some shopping.




I really love the lights in Mount Dora, Florida.  They are the best!  It was a great trip!  


The Thursday before Christmas we had a sleepover with our niece, Oakley.  She spent all day Friday with me.  We made all kinds of treats - Oreo truffles, chocolate dipped pretzel rods, and peppermint bark popcorn to share with family.  No photos!  It was too much fun to stop and take pictures.  

The weekend before Christmas we watched our nieces and nephews while my brother and SIL finished up some Christmas shopping.  We had a blast!

Emma gummed that pretzel rod (no chocolate) until it was gone.  Look at that sweet princess!


Jack found some fun puppets and played great with his sisters.


Evalyn can be shy, I have two photos on the roll before this one of her looking away.  But when you catch a smile, it will melt your heart.  


Uncle Matt is the best!


On the Sunday before Christmas we spent the day with Matt's side of the family.  One niece and BIL weren't there due to having a stomach bug.  We missed them but had a great time.  I loved playing Fortnite Monopoly with Sawyer and Walker.  Again, too much fun for photos!

Then Christmas Eve came and we celebrated with my side of the family.  We hung out, ate lasagna, and opened gifts.  

Jack loved his shirt and Legos.  Seriously, he was so excited about getting clothes.  Precious!


Didn't get a lot of photos again but there are 4.5 of the Reagan's.  Emma was napping.  .5 will be here in the spring.  That's right - #4 is on the way.  A BIG surprise for them.


Uncle Matt, Geeby, and our nieces and nephew.  I just noticed we unintentionally all matched.  


Christmas Day started off quiet.  Matt and I opened stockings and made home made cinnamon rolls.  Then we got ready for the day and drove to Sedalia to spend time with his aunts and uncles and grandma.  It was a good day.  

The theme for this Christmas apparently was no pictures.  That's okay by me.  Some of the best memories aren't captured on camera but are kept on the heart.

I woke up that night feeling kind of sick.  Stomach ache and felt like I could vomit and/or have diarrhea.  I didn't - not then.  I felt so bad I stayed home from work, which you know I hate to do.  I'm glad I did, because I wasn't far from the toilet all day.  I couldn't even keep water down.  I eventually crushed some ice in the blender.  Matt didn't feel great when he left for work and ended up coming home with the same thing.  It hit him that night.  We're still pretty weak and not eating a ton but we were able to go back to normalish activity on Friday.  We thought we had food poisoning from Christmas Day, there were lots of salads sitting out for who knows how long.  Matt's mom and dad are sick too.  But it may be that stomach bug our niece and BIL had, some of the other kids were getting over it, and my other SIL who wasn't in Sedalia has it too.  Merry Christmas!


Comments

Popular Posts