News on infertility.

I realized I haven't posted about my follow up appointment with our fertility doctor.  We know that the polyp was benign.  He gave me a series of pictures of the polyp, which I will not post here. Ha!  I mean if you really want to see it let me know and I'll email you.  He talked about next steps for us.  We have done three unsuccessful rounds of IUI.  He said we could try that a couple more times.  He said there is no really good research about how a polyp effects your ability to get pregnant but that could have been a factor.  He feels like because of my age (39) IVF is what we should try next in January.

There are a whole lot of problems with IVF as far as we are concerned.  Number 1 is that our infertility is unexplained.  We are both more or less perfectly healthy.  All of the testing we have undergone shows that there is no medical reason why we aren't getting pregnant.  To us that's God saying we aren't ready or our kids will not be biological.  We know kids are in our future how we get to become parents is up to God.  Pray for us in regards to having children, specifically biological and/or adoption.  My grandma was 43 when she had my mom.   But there are lots of children out there needing a family.  We are open and listening.

Number 2 is the expense!  Holy cow is IVF expensive!  Cost is nothing compared to the gift and joy of being parents. But it's not guaranteed to work.  There is surgery involved.  Ick!

So that's where we stand.  For now we are taking a break from infertility treatments.  I'm not going to lie.  It's been so nice not taking hormones and getting shots and internal sonograms and the stress of waiting and negative pregnancy tests.

BTW - only two more days of teaching for this girl.  Boy oh boy am I excited!  I saw my new boss at church today.  She hugged me and told me how excited they were for me to start.  I can't wait to start and see how God uses this change in my life for His good.

Comments

Popular Posts