What a week!

Last week was so crazy busy I didn't even have time to do my Friday Five great/favorite things.  So here's an abbreviated version sans pictures.

1.  I updated my blog a bit.  Click here to take a look.  You should see a cute blue and white polka dot background.  The header is a gray banner with Vaughantastic Life in blue.  Check it out!

2.  We took Pickles to the groomer last week.  They always put a little scarf on her but this one was by far the cutest.  I think Pickles knows how cute it is because instead of trying to take it off and chew on it she's had it on all week.

3.  Last week I made this sweet lemon glazed chicken for dinner.  It's from the blog Recipe Girl.  Yummy!

4.  I got some really cute new shoes and a scarf at Wal-Mart.  The shoes are black and white striped and the scarf is gray and white polka dots.  I totally plan to wear them together.  :)  The shoes are surprising comfortable.  No pictures, I think I have met my monthly quota of pictures of my feet.

5.  I think we are down to 28 more days of school.  After the week I had last week, I am ready for the end of the school year.  It wasn't my students, it was all the meetings.  A few of which, I was grossly unprepared for by my standards.  True, my standards may be a bit to high in my professional life, but making educational plans for kids I have never even seen is not my idea of a good time.  One meeting was great.  The parent cried because her 4th grader started the year reading at a 1st grade level and is now just months behind typical peers instead of years.  She said this was the first year that she really has seen her child love reading and get some good instruction.  *Pat myself on the back and toot my own horn moment.*

Comments

Popular Posts