The Blue Tub!

IMG_1479

Matt and I are working our tails off on his old house to get it ready to sell.  The realtor suggested that the blue tub may be a turn off and if we could paint it we should.  She had tried a product that was okay but not great so she told us not to get that.  After some research Matt and I decided to purchase this Rustoleum product.  We ordered ours on Amazon but I have seen it at Sutherland’s for the same price.

IMG_1487

It was pretty easy to use.  First you have to clean your tub and then use some sandpaper on it.  Then you can start painting.  After the first coat I wasn’t so sure about it and high from the fumes.

IMG_1481

Then I did the second coat.  Okay, it was much better but still not up to my standards.

IMG_1482

I let this coat dry really overnight.  I painted the third coat the next day.  It was the last coat because I was out of paint.  I went to check on it today.  Not too bad.  Matt checked on it after I did it and he was happy, so I am happy.

IMG_1490

It looks pretty good.  It’s definitely shiny and covered well.  It was so easy to use.  This product is a great quick fix for an ugly tub.  I would use it again if I had to.  However, I would spend the extra bucks on a paint sprayer.  I used a brush and roller and it went on just fine.  A paint sprayer would definitely make it look more professional, more smooth, and more evenly coated. 

Comments

Popular Posts