What have we been up to?

Oh, you know, the normal stuff.  Ending the school year is always stressful.  Lots of tests to give, grade cards to fill out, cleaning to do, etc.  But this year has been extra busy since I am leaving kindergarten.  It was a hard decision that I prayed about for a long long time.  For many reasons, I needed a change so next year I will be teaching special education.  Same school, same kids, same great  people I work with, new challenges and things to learn.  I'm very excited about it.  Now that school is out I think I'll have more time to relax and let the stress melt away.  May has gotten away from me!  Here's a little of what we've been doing.





We celebrated Matt's 35th birthday on May 17.  We went out to a nice dinner with his parents.


We went to the City Market one weekend.  It was the first time I had gone on a Saturday when all of the vendors were there.  You can get everything there!  Fruits, vegetables, meat, bread, flowers, clothes, just everything!  I loved it.  Of course we had to get a treat for Pickles.
A cheeseburger cookie
Pickles loves her cookie!
We made an impromptu road trip to Pittsburg to put flowers on the graves.  I had to take Matt to Chicken Annie's for some onion rings and fried chicken.  He is normally a pretty slow eater compared to my teacher speed eating. You know where you have 20 minutes to eat lunch, go to the bathroom, check your email, prepare for the afternoon, and deal with whatever has happened that morning.   Anyway, Matt ate 2 pieces of chicken while I was still working on my first piece.  I think he liked it!

I'm officially on summer break now and I can't wait to do some of the stuff I really love.  I've already crocheted a headband.  I have tried two new recipes.  Chocolate banana bread was a bust, I think I'll stick with my banana bread recipe and add chocolate chips when I want it chocolatey.  The 30 minute dinner rolls were a hit.  Yummy!  I've gone to the pool, a movie, and out dancing and listening to music with friends.  I'm ready for more family, friends, food, and fun this summer!


Comments

Popular Posts