Friday Favorites - 8.14.20



1.  I took Monday off work since my birthday was on a weekend.  I have plenty of days to use so I figured that was a good reason to take off work.  I did a little shopping and had lunch with Matt.  We went to Scholtzky's for something quick but different.  They saw his badge that he works at the hospital and gave use his meal for free.  That was so kind!

2.

I've been loving these long wear lipsticks.  I have always liked a good lip gloss and a nude lipstick but I've gotten into more color lately.  Mask wearing isn't the most conducive to lip color.  But these are good!  I went with more everyday colors to test them out.  I like the bottom one the best.  It's Maybelline super stay 24.  It has color on one end and a moisturizing stick on the other end.  The color on the Covergirl one is great but it's much more drying.  

3.
I got this cookbook for my birthday and it has so many good recipes.  I made the zucchini bread already.  Yummy!  I've got the pizza dough proofing.  Anyone else love reading cookbooks like novels?

4.   
I'm bringing out the big guns in an effort to trap and kill ALL THE FRUIT FLIES!!  They are everywhere, there is one crawling on my screen right now.  When the heat grows they get inside.  I've sprayed inside and out, used the home made traps, and the tennis racket zapper.  I put the little Terro apple out this afternoon and they swarmed.  I have no idea where they all came from but there are dozens and dozens of them dead in there.  SO GROSS!!!

5.  I treated myself to a crochet pattern of the nativity.  A crocheter I follow posted that she was starting her Christmas projects now and that encouraged me.  I've been wanting to do this for the last couple years but always wait too long.  I've got one project on the hook to finish and then I'll start the nativity.

Have a great weekend!


 

Comments

  1. Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great day. I have the Maybelline Super Stay 24 in red. I love how long the color lasts, but the next day, I always have a red outline still around my lips that is hard to get off! As much as I LOVE to read, I haven't gotten into cookbook reading. I usually find most of my recipes online.....but I have looked at Chrissy Teigen's cookbooks and there are a lot of great looking recipes in them. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

Popular Posts