State Fair 2015

Edit:  just noticed this failed to post back on August 24. So here's our fun day at the Missouri state fair. 
Matt had the day off yesterday.  I took the day off so we headed out to the Missouri State Fair.
It was really fun!  We started with 25 cent chocolate milk followed by a corn dog at 10am.  

I don't think we ever really went to the state fair as a kid. I wouldn't have appreciated it back then anyway. I love all the different buildings with the animals. The building with art and photography is cool. I checked out the floriculture building and thought it was pretty neat. Of course I love love the home ec building. Cakes, cookies, pies, quilts, crochet, crafts, canning. That's my kind of place!  I was one person away from getting to try the pies. I probably would have loved a career teaching home ec or something along those lines. 

Matt tried his hand at a hole in one. 

Check out the biggest pumpkin and watermelon in the Ag building. 

And the award winning meat!  It was from moberly. 

We had a tasty lunch at the beef house. I didn't take a picture of it. But it was good. I did get our dessert. Deep fried Oreos!! Oreos dipped in funnel cake batter, deep fried, then sprinkled with powdered sugar. Yum, yum, yummy!


Here it is up close. A thing of beauty! 


Otto the talking car!  He's a big deal. He's pretty famous. 


They had rabbits this week in the rabbit/poultry house. This guy looks like the velveteen rabbit. 

Rabbits everywhere!  Can you believe my husband has never seen Night of the Lepus?  


Cows are so cute!

But it doesn't get much cuter than this! 

Check out these giant horses!  Amazing how gentle they seemed. They are Belgian work horses. 

These two were kissing. Aww! Love!


This was maybe one of our favorite things we happened upon. They were having a cattle herding contest.

There were 2 pens with 10 young cows each. Each cow had a number on it. They all huddled together at one end of the pen. 


There would be 2 cowboys/girls in the middle. The announcer called a number and 1 cowboy would go in and round up that cow. The second would guard the middle and try to only let the called cow over to the other side. 


Then they had to herd the cows over in numerical order. It was really fun to watch. 

Overall, I give the state fair an A+ for a fun day with my sweetie. We had a great time together!













Comments

Popular Posts