Baptism Present

Last weekend Maggie's son, Josh, was baptized.  Matt and I were invited to attend and go to a luncheon afterwards. Of course, I had to go. Matt had to work, bummer! 

I couldn't show up at a baptism without a gift.  Especially for Josh - gifts are his love language.  He's 10 years old.  I looked for something baptismy but nothing really fit for a 10 year old boy. I knew his family would get him a Bible so that was out. In fact, he got two cool Bibles. One was a grown up leather Bible with his name embossed and the other was like a comic book. He got some cool boy cross jewelry.  Maggie even found Legos that were The Last Supper and a Lego movie of Joshua and the battle of Jericho. 

 

Here is what I came up with. I thought about all the cute sayings to go with candy. Then I looked up scripture to go with candy. I got some good ideas online and came up with some on my own. 


Each candy or treat had an index card taped to it with a verse from the Bible that went with it. The instructions were that he had to find the verse and read it before he could eat or share. Here are all the candies and treats. 

The words of the Lord are sweeter than honey.  


Fruits of the spirit. 


Fishers of men. 


Peace of the God will guard your heart. 


In Him all things were created. 


Trust the Lord with all your heart 


Noah. 


Be strong and courageous. 


Jesus calms the raging seas. 


Our mouths were filled with laughter 


This was a lot of fun to put together. Josh loved it and so did his parents and grandparents. I can't wait until the next kid I know gets baptized!

Josh is such a cutie!


Comments

Popular Posts