40 in Fort Myers - August 7-10

Matt and I had the most amazing time in Ft Myers, Florida for my 40th birthday. 

The weather was great, the water was perfect, the sunsets were amazing,it was just what we needed. We took books and magazines to read on the beach and left them all upstairs in our room with our iPhones. Our room overlooked the ocean. OVERLOOKED!  I thanked God numerous times for the perfection of it all. Many many times I said that I never ever in my life thought I would stay in a place like that. It was the view, the sand, the simplicity of the trip. All shared with my number one main squeeze, my love who stood by me through some pretty crappy times last year and through some pretty awesome times. 39 was full of ups and downs, hope lost and hope given, friends new and old, friends new who feel like old, deepening faith, and love galore. In my life every decade has been better than the last so watch out 40s here I come!  

Enough words.... Here is my #40inFtMyers.























If you've made it this far thanks for reading and looking.  All of these photos were taken with our iPhones because our computer has pretty much bit the dust.  I still have photos trapped on my camera from spring. 

We stayed at the Diamond Head Beach Resort on Fort Myers Beach. I most definitely recommend them if you are going to FMB. Clean rooms, easy beach access, a nice hotel pool, three restaurants, nice staff, close but not too close to the action, and reasonable prices. 

We used the Ambassador Transportation service. I'm used to being picked up at a Florida airport by one of my parents when they lived in Florida a few years ago. Let me tell you this service is the next best thing.  Courteous, friendly, prompt, and knowledgable. No better way to travel to and from the airport!  





















Comments

Popular Posts