Lent

I have been thinking about what to do for Lent.  For years I stopped giving up stuff and tried to do something.  Something good for me, spiritually and/or physically.  Last year Matt and I gave up Facebook for Lent.  It sounds silly but it was hard.  We both managed to stay off of Facebook starting on Ash Wednesday and continued until after Easter.  I thought about taking a break from social media again.  That is actually how I found my favorite blogs.  I wasn't online any less, I was just reading friend, food, craft, and DIY blogs.  But I know I can give up Facebook, I am on FB a lot but I don't feel like I am on it as much as I had been.

I have decided to give up something and do something.  I can't believe I am saying this but I am giving up all soda.  ALL!  Not just caffeinated beverages, all pop in general.  I am seriously addicted.  It is bad.  Even when I stopped keeping it in the house I still drink a lot on a daily basis.  So here it goes.

Good bye dear friend.  You've gotten me through many rough patches.  It's time we went our separate ways.
Now for the what I'm going to do.  I have settled on two.  One for my physical health, one for my spiritual health.  Physically, I am going to make sure I work out at least 3 hours a week.  No excuses!  Spiritually, I found a Lenten calendar of prayers and reflections.  It's not open yet, so I'll check it out and see what I think.  If I don't like it, I'll do something else.  I just want to make sure I take the time daily to pray and reflect on my relationship with Christ.  I really wish my church had more opportunities for working women.  I'd love to join a group similar to what Matt has but they only meet during the day.

Comments

Popular Posts