Friday Favorites - 10.9.20

Happy Friday!  This week went by quickly!  The weather was in the low 80s which is warm for October but it's my favorite!  I didn't really get to enjoy it on my back patio because of all the stink bugs.  So gross!!

I saw my eye doctor on Monday.  After a week of 4 times a day antibiotic and anti-inflammatory eye drops I'm back in contacts.  I don't know if I mentioned that I have a new eye doctor.  I really like him.  He said I could use some readers only when I have my contacts in and want to do up close work.  I knew that was coming because I had to put down my cross stitch project unless I took out my contacts.  I picked up this three pack at Costco.  I have a pair on now and it's weird.  It may take a minute to get used to them.  #46 I forget how old I am until I try to read a label!


I was able to vote absentee this week.  My county allows for that for a handful of reasons.  I'm still (probably always) battling type 2 diabetes.  My last A1C was in the diabetic category and that's an allowable reason.  It's a reason I wish I didn't have but I am so glad to have that done!  Our polling place is small, has limited parking, and many districts crammed into one spot.  It can be annoying and difficult to know where to go for smaller local elections.  I'm really grateful to get to vote and didn't want to miss out on that privilege.  


Sewing inspiration struck me today and I had to stop what I was doing to make Pickles a Chiefs bandanna!  Don't worry, Mom and Dad, one will be in the mail for Minnie.  I made two.  


I've been needing a new winter coat and Costco had these for $20.  It's really warm so I'm hoping it will be good for most of the winter.  It's the 32 Degree brand that I love.


Pickles doesn't like to go to bed without us.  She gets pretty cuddly when she's sleepy.  She also gets pretty demanding when she wants everyone to go to bed.  


We don't have many plans for the weekend.  I bought a smart watch yesterday on Amazon and it's already been delivered.  It's a fake apple watch that has great reviews.  It just reached full charge so I'm going to play with that this afternoon.  I think I'll pull out the Halloween decorations tomorrow.  Sunday we are going to Matt's parents' house to help with yard work.  His dad had a total knee replacement last week so we are going to go help with that stuff.  He's doing well which is really encouraging.  

Thanks for reading!  I'll be linking up with Friday Favorites.











Comments

Popular Posts