What's Up Wednesday? - September 2019




What we're eating this week?

I made a pork roast on Monday and we ate it with mac and cheese. Tuesday we had pulled pork nachos.  One night this week we'll have BBQ pork sliders.  Good thing Matt likes left overs and when I repurpose meals.

What I'm reminiscing about?


When Dad and Mom were in town we had a great visit with Aunt Judy and Uncle Fred!  I loved the good old days when we were kids (even in our 20s before spouses and kids) when we'd all get together and have the most fun.  


What I'm loving?


Look at my little plant babies!  Thsi pot started the summer with Celosia, bright pink.  They died so I planted the Hens & Chicks.  There were 3 Hens & Chicks and now look at them!  Also, notice the pink sprouts?  I didn't think those would grow back.


What we've been up to?

Our small group took part of July and most of August off.  We've started back up and it is great.  We're still a pretty new group so it's fun reconnecting and deepening friendships.

What I'm dreading?

Another doctor's appointment.  This one is the yearly physical where they check all your blood work.  I have plateaued majorly on all my health goals so I am not looking forward to those numbers.

What I'm working on?

I'm daydreaming of some cooler weekend weather so we can work in our yard.  I'd like to get the weeds out, put down a weed barrier, and add new mulch for the fall.   We have no trees so unlike our old house the mulch will look good and not get covered by leaves.

What I'm excited about?

I changed out the summer decorations for the fall decorations.  I want to get some pumpkins (real and fake), go apple picking, get some more mums for the front porch.

Also, I figured out how to make a copy cat pumpkin spice cold foam at home.  That's pretty awesome!

What I'm reading?

I just finished reading The Dangerous Duty of Delight by John Piper.  It is a must read.  Pick it up, it will change your heart.  It will change how you see your relationship with God.



What I'm listening to?

Pickles is barking at the neighbor dogs.  She barks at all the dogs that go by, but there are two dogs that send her into another octave.  She really doesn't like those two dogs.  Or maybe she does really like them and she wants us to let her play with them.  

What I'm watching? 

Right now, I'm watching NCIS.  The British Bake Off is back on Netflix and they are playing the current season weekly.  So we are keeping up with the show as it goes.  Actually a few days later so I had to unfollow on Instagram so I wouldn't know who was let go.  

What I'm wearing?



Scrunchies are back and I am here for it!  I found some that weren't too crazy voluminous that are just right for me.  As I type, I've got a scrunchie in my hair.

What I'm doing this weekend?

This weekend is the Liberty Fall Festival.  We'll go to that one day and then we'll go to Jack's soccer game on Saturday.

What I'm looking forward to next month?

More festivals!  Plattsburg's Fall Festival is in October.

What else is new?

I started going to a grief support group at church.  It's a nationwide program that is known to be really good,  we are hosting a session this semester.  One week was not so helpful, one was good.  I'll probably go based on the topic for the week.  When it seems helpful, I'll go.

Linking with the What's Up Wednesday party.

Comments

Popular Posts