Labor Day Weekend

We had a great weekend over the Labor Day holiday.  We didn't do much on Friday because I had about 4 hours of sleep the night before.  We had a really bad storm roll through that woke me up and I could never get back to sleep.  Eventually, I grabbed the kindle, made some coffee, and read. 

We woke up Saturday and went to the River Market.  We had a great time!  Yes, we wore our matching vacation shirts.  We walked around and bought some produce.


Then we got on the streetcar.  I love the streetcar.  You can get on and off as often as you want for free.  We just happened to get on the Chiefs streetcar a couple times.




We got off at Power and Light for lunch.  We tried a newer place in town called County Road Ice House.  They serve Joe's KC BBQ but different types of food than you can get at Joe's.  It was really good.  Matt had brisket and sausage and I had the chicken Z.  Not as good as the normal Z-man but still good.  They have the really great Joe's fries.  


On Sunday we went to Santi-Cali-Gon days in Independence.  It was a good day to be outside and walk around.  It seemed like there were a lot of the same things around.  A few good craft booths.

Monday, Matt went golfing and I baked a cake.  I tried all the trends in one cake.  It was very fun!  And delicious!  




Comments

Popular Posts