August Book Reviews

I didn't read a bad book this month!  

The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand
This is the story of estranged twin sisters.  One lives on Martha's Vineyard and one lives on Nantucket. Circumstances bring them back together and they end up switching lives.  I liked this one quite a bit. It was a light and easy read, which is what I needed after the last book in July.  


Slightly South of Simple by Kristy Woodson Harvey
Another book about sisters, this time set in Georgia. The sisters all meet at their childhood home to stay with their mom for the summer for a variety of reasons.  This one is a series.  I'll pick up the next one sometime.  I kind of want to know what happens to this family.  


The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Wow!  This one might make it into my favorites list.  I listened to this book while doing some housework and couldn't stop.  There are too many twists and turns and unexpected moments to really go into detail.  I didn't read this when it came out because it was described as a Gone Girl type of book.  I thought that meant there were no likable characters worth rooting for (I hated Gone Girl and didn't even read it all because I didn't like any of the characters).  But that is an unfair comparison.  I was really rooting for the girl on the train, Rachel.  



Here's what's up next:


Comments

Popular Posts