What I Read in July


I read a lot of books in July.  All are good from different genres that I highly recommend.

1. One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid - I've seen this one all over the internet as a must read.  
It's about a woman who in engaged to be married and then her husband who had been declared dead shows up after years.  It's a great story, some language and mature situations so not for a teenager.


2.  Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan - A MUST READ!  I listened to this and Francis Chan read the audio version.  He's a pastor in California.  A cool thing about his church is they don't have a building.  They were getting ready to do a millions of dollars building project and he felt like it was wrong and that God wanted them to use that money in a different way.  So they built an amphitheater, saving millions of dollars, and have church outside every Sunday.  That's so radical to our standard American thinking.  He mentions this in the book but that's not what it's all about.  Just read/listen to it if you love Jesus.


3.  Grieving the Child I Never Knew by Kathe Wunnenburg - I mentioned that this is a book I wish people had put in my hands after we lost our baby.  Even though we are three years out I still found this devotional to be hugely encouraging.  I'll remember this book and pray I never have to give it to anyone.  I can see how it will help someone not feel so alone and help them process their feelings.


4.  The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines - I mean, who doesn't love this couple?  I found this to be very interesting.  It was great to hear the beginning of Magnolia and how hard they worked.  They started with nothing and took a lot of risks.  Plus, it had some of Chip's funny personality.


5.  Gideon by Priscilla Shirer - I started this Bible study in June actually but we finished in July.  It was a good study.  Not as good as Armor of God.  I really loved my Bible study group.  I really liked learning more about Gideon. She really had us dive into his life and I learned a lot.  


Comments

Popular Posts