Caffeine is evil!

I am constantly trying to give up pop.  It's so addictive!  Not to mention it's not the best thing for you, especially all the artificial sweeteners in diet soda.  Even worse in the amounts I was consuming this summer.  After Matt and I did our 10 days of real food challenge I kept off the pop.  Then I started adding in the occasional Coke or Dr. Pepper.  Then the occasional pop became a daily pop.  My favorite delivery method of any pop was 32 ounce fountain.  No small drink for me!  Then I realized drinking that much regular soda was a whole lot of empty calories so I switched back to diet.  Ugh!

That's a whole lot of thens.  But along came April the worst month of the school year.  It's full of high stakes testing, no breaks, the kids are antsy, the teachers are antsy, and I had about 12 IEP meetings.  I NEEDED that Diet Dr. Pepper to function.  In May QT brought back their summer prices and I went crazy!

Some days this summer I had more than one giant Diet DP.  So bad!  After the 4th of July I went cold turkey on the diet soda.  I had my last Diet DP when we got home from Memphis and I haven't looked back.  I'm back to drinking water or sparkling water.  I drink coffee or tea when I feel like a caffeine boost.  I even drink a coke or a sprite but a regular size or I split a big one with Matt.  Probably not more than a couple times a week.  I don't really keep track.  Just not daily, more than once a day.

Speaking of splitting a pop with Matt, we split a pop at the Royals game Tuesday night.  Actually, 2 big 32 ounce pops.  At night.  I didn't sleep a wink, my heart raced all night long.  Caffeine doesn't effect some people at all but it really messes with me.  So I'm back off the sauce and I feel great.

Comments

Popular Posts