November Book Review

I read one great book and listened to another great book last month.  It seems like I haven't been reading as much this year.  I really do enjoy reading still.  I'm not sure why I'm in a reading slump. 

Old Bones by Preston & Child


Old Bones - Audiobook

I always like books by Preston & Child.  There's always a bit of mystery and science.  Their characters cross over in different books.  They all have their quirks.  This one focuses on archaeologist Nora and new FBI agent Corrine.  They are each working separate cases that end up colliding.  I enjoyed this book a lot.  You could read the Preston & Child books in order if you wanted but it's not really necessary.  They hold up on their own and the references to previous cases are never so obscure you can't figure it out.  4/5 stars from me.


The Lying Game by Ruth Ware

The Lying Game: A Novel

Another favorite author.  I discovered Ruth Ware not too long ago and I have really liked her writing style.  I listened to this as an audio book checked out from the library.  I had a ton of errands to run one day so I checked this book out to listen to as I was driving around.  Man!  It was so good!  This book is about 4 friends who went to boarding school together.  They played a game called the lying game and it gets them in all kinds of trouble.  Ruth Ware's books seem to jump from present tense to past tense to unravel the bits and pieces you need to know.  Just when I thought I had it figured out, it turned a corner and I was floored.  I had chills at the end.  5/5 stars.


Comments

Popular Posts