November Q&A



1.  Yes, I used to be a big time journaler.  I haven't really journaled lately.  

2.  I would love to host Thanksgiving at our house.  But not this year.  This year we are going to Matt's sister's house.  

3.  The stuffing/dressing for sure!  I have a top secret recipe that is so good.  I took the recipe of a sweet southern lady and adjusted it a bit for our tastes.  

4.  The sky.  I watch the sunrise up over those houses most mornings.  It's a great way to start the day. And yes, that's our sweet Pickles rolling in something stinky.  


5.  For sure yes!  I love pumpkin pie!



6.  Traditional Cookbook - kind of.  I have a notebook with clear plastic sheets that have all our favorite recipes in it.  I love cookbooks.  I used to have quite the collection but living in a small house and moving forced me to cull down my collection over time.  There are still a few that I am sad I got rid of.  I can read a cookbook like a novel from cover to cover.

7.  Oven baked turkey is the only kind of turkey I've had.  Deep frying a turkey sounds a bit scary.  I've seen too many morning news shows about deep fried turkeys catching fire.  

8.  We usually eat Thanksgiving lunch or late lunch so that we can have Thanksgiving leftovers later.  Depending on where we go we have leftovers to take home.  This will be a year with probably no leftovers for us to bring home.  

9.  One household product I'm grateful for... my knife.  My crockpot and our coffee pot.  I'd like to try a pressure cooker/instant pot, but I only want a pretty one from The Pioneer Woman Collection at Wal-Mart.  



10.  This is a tough one.  I love cooking!  I love knowing what's in my food and how it was prepared.  I love feeding my people.  I also love going out to eat.  So I am grateful for the opportunity to cook and eat home cooked meals but I am grateful for the change of pace at a restaurant.



Comments

Popular Posts