What's Up Wednesday? January 2018


I have missed blogging!  I decided What's Up Wednesday would be the best day to jump back in to this creative outlet.  

What we're eating this week?

I am part of a recipe test group for a cookbook that is coming out (I think in 2019) for freezer to slow cooker/instant pot meals.  They send recipes out and the people try them out.  The first was a garlic chicken thigh dish.  It was delicious!  The garlic mellowed out in the crock pot and was so good.  I also tried a new soup recipe from a different blog.  We had breakfast for dinner tonight and chicken tomorrow.  We bought a case of yogurt at Costco and we've loved having yogurt!

What I'm reminiscing about?

Our trip to Puerto Vallarata was amazing!  What a blessing it was!  My college level Spanish, plus being around so many friends and coworkers who spoke Spanish came back to me.  I used Duolingo before we went also.  I understood more than I could say.







What I'm loving?
Our new home!


What we've been up to?

We signed the contract on January 5 for our new home.  We moved our stuff in on January 6.  Then we went to Mexico on January 7.  If that wasn't crazy enough, I came home with the flu and it was the first week of Perspectives!  I was really really sick for a few days, then I was just pretty sick, and I finally after two weeks feel almost back to normal.  We have almost all of the boxes finally unpacked.  If you know me, you know how hard it was for me to be sick with so many boxes around.

What I'm dreading?

The plumber coming for the third time.  Our master bathroom toilet has never flushed well.  We have a home warranty so they sent a plumber to look at it.  He augured it and the other toilets and left.  Didn't work, he came back a week later.  It flushed and when I told him that once we start using toilet paper it will stop flushing.  We shouldn't have to use the plunger every time we flush after we pee.  He refused to even look at it.  Both times we were his last appointment of the day and he was rude, grouchy, and ready to go home.  The warranty company needed to give them one more chance so they are sending a different guy Friday morning.  

What I'm working on?
Organizing our new home.  I love it!

What I'm excited about?

Painting the walls!  There is probably only one room in the whole house that doesn't need to be painted.  The guest bathroom.  The kitchen is okay but the living room is not and since they are connected it must be painted.  We're excited to pick out our colors.  We'll stay in the same neutral beige family.  We had gray in our last house and this house just isn't a gray house.



What I'm reading?

I read a few great books this month and will share later.  Right now I'm going through the devotional called Grieving the Child I Never Knew.

What I'm listening to?

I've been listening to podcasts when I get ready in the morning.  The usuals - The Happy Hour, That Sounds Fun, The Next Right Thing, and some random ones.

What I'm watching?

Fixer Upper and House Hunters!  We have to pay for the internet here -ugh!  No Google Fiber in Liberty so no free internet.  Part of the package included a free month of the cable app.  It's not that great so we'll cancel it.  But while we have it we're watching those shows!  I'm not loving Food Network that much anymore.  I like the shows where chefs/cooks show you how to make something and it seems like there are so many competition shows.  Give me some Pioneer Woman or Ina!  

What I'm wearing?

We have a big walk in closet and I can actually see all of my clothes!  


What I'm doing this weekend?

We are hosting a party to watch the super bowl and celebrate our new home!  

What I'm looking forward to next month?

February is one more month closer to spring!  But I hope we have some snow days, like stay home and not leave the house snow days.

What else is new?

We don't have our yard fenced in yet so we have been taking Pickles to the dog park. We call it Pickles Park and she loves it.  If it's really cold and no one else is there we take her to the small dog yard and sit in the car and watch her.  She loves it there!

Bonus: What is my favorite soup?

I have a few favorites.  One is from a cookbook and it's a lentil pasta soup.  I love a good minestrone.  Nothing beats my mom's chili!   












Comments

Popular Posts