What's Up Wednesday - July 2020


It's been a while!  

What we're eating this week?

Nothing special, just trying to work through what we've got in the refrigerator and freezer.  It's that point in summer where I just want to eat ice cream and sandwiches.  Anything cool or that doesn't involve turning on the oven.  I still end up turning on the oven because I don't think Matt would go for sandwiches and ice cream every night.   


What I'm reminiscing about?

We had a great trip to Branson with Matt's side of the family this month.  It's weird traveling now but this was a good option.  We had our own place, social distanced to the best of our ability, and used our face masks.  We were such a big group that we pretty much took over the little pool on the property.

Pool fun!

Snow tubing crew!

Can you believe I loved this?

Sawyer and Oakley going down.

Part of the tie dye crew.


What I'm loving?
My new sewing machine!  I've been making face masks, of course.  I've made scrunchies and bows, zippered pouches, tote bags, and this weekend I made a skirt.  The skirt is a little wonky if you look up close.  I used a cotton quilting fabric so it's stiff.  But it's a good pattern and I'll probably wear it in cooler months.  







What we've been up to?
We had a fun sleepover weekend last weekend.  
Love me some JoJo!

Jack and Emma.  She was really proud to be going up the ladder.  Jack was sweet enough to stop and smile.

Evalyn is a daredevil!

The whole crew coloring after dinner.

We had to tie dye with the other nieces and nephew.  


What I'm dreading worrying about?
Probably the same for everyone, worrying about covid-19 and staying healthy.  As our communities have opened up more it's hitting closer to home.  We now know people who have the virus.  We're dealing with potential exposures.  On one hand I just want to hunker down in my house for the rest of the year.  But on the other hand I know that if we are cautious we can go out in the world, just not as often or freely.  I heard a comforting quote on a podcast.  "The kingdom of God is not in trouble and neither are you."  Just a good reminder to me that God is in control and He saw this coming.  He will use this for His good. 

55+ Coronavirus Memes — Funny Coronavirus Memes
What I'm working on?
I'm working on a special crochet project using a stitch my grandma taught me.

What I'm excited about?
I've got a plan in my head for my birthday.  It's not what I really want but it'll be good.  I really want to be in Florida for my birthday.  I am excited to make my own birthday cake.  I'm going for a beach themed cake with homemade ice cream.

What I'm reading?
I'm finishing up a book on the kindle called Tyrannosaurus Canyon.  It's about a dinosaur fossil hunter that gets killed.  It started pretty slow, but it's by an author that I like so I kept going back.  I'm almost done now.

I'm so bored at work that I download books from the library and read at my desk.  This week I've gone away from professional/spiritual development and picked up a book called My Sister the Serial Killer.  

What I'm listening to?

I've been listening to Annie Downs' podcast on the Ennegram.  This episode is a good one.  It's the one about the sixes.  I'm a six for sure.

What I'm watching? 
So many things!  YouTube videos about baking, sewing, crafting, make up, and hair.  I'm liking the Titan Games, America's Got Talent, and World of Dance.  

I started watching Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix and it's delightful!  I highly recommend it for a number of reasons.  It's lighthearted.  It's about travel and food.  Phil is genuinely interested in the people and communities he visits.  It's just what I need!

Somebody Feed Phil - Wikipedia


What I'm wearing?

All the tank tops!  I used to hardly bare my arms but I really could care less what people think anymore.  Is that the beauty of age and being comfortable in your own skin?  Maybe.

Hiking in Branson
A Sunday morning City Market date.  Yummy Brazilian soda.

What I'm doing this weekend?
No plans!  I'm excited about that.  I don't even have to work this weekend.  I was able to get my hands on some Chiefs fabric so I'll probably sew some masks for the family.


What I'm looking forward to next month?
I'm looking forward to my birthday!  I'm planning on going to eat at Torchy's Tacos.  It is really hard to look too far into the future, but my birthday is early in the month and I *think* everything will be open for patio dining.  Maybe we'll hit up the farmer's market that day.  

What else is new?

I've been sewing so much that I'm thinking of reopening my etsy shop to unload some scrunchies.  Maybe FB marketplace would be better.  

Linking with the What's Up Wednesday party.

Comments

  1. That skirt is really cute!!! And I like the scrunchies too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

Popular Posts