What's Up Wednesday? August 2019




What we're eating this week?


I made tortilla roll ups for our small group snack.  So far I haven't made the mini cupcakes.  I was going to make them for small group tonight.  Unless I get them done after work, I may not make them.  

The salmon was really good.  I made a homemade chili sauce and mixed it with some soy sauce and garlic.  I used part of it as a marinade and part as a sauce.  I broiled the salmon served it over rice with green beans instead of carrots.  Yum!

What I'm reminiscing about?


This boy is reading chapter books now and it big brother to 3 sisters!


And this baby girl started kindergarten this year!


What I'm loving?

These are SO good!  I found them at Aldi.  I tried them at a Costco sample table but no one needs 100 granola cups in their house.  A small box is just right.  I like this PB chocolate and the almond butter flavor.


Also, loving my new purse in the background there.  Matt bought it for my birthday.


What we've been up to?

I love getting out to walk in the neighborhood with Pickles and Matt.  I know I've said it before but I really like hiking, which is just a fancy way to say take a walk.  But the location out in nature makes it hiking.   Matt and I have been trying to find some new places to hike around town.  

What I'm dreading?

As I'm typing this on Sunday, I'm dreading my trip to the gyno on Tuesday.  I've had some issues that are resurfacing and it's time to get established with a new doctor.  Wednesday Update: I really liked the doctor I saw.  She not only had read my files but asked me good questions and listened. 

What I'm working on?

Mayela gave me a great idea to make some crochet earrings. She saw some that were super cute and sent me a photo.  I started testing out some of my yarns and threads.  

I made these peacock feathers. The yearn is a bit thick so it looks like a heart.  Cute though!


Next up I tried some boho macrame looking ones.  I'm not sure I can pull off the boho look.  But someone will like them.  



What I'm excited about?

Mom and Dad will be here next weekend!!

What I'm reading?


I'm totally spoiled right now with books.  I have Joe's kindle which was Mom's kindle and there are a TON of books on it.   The other books this month were heavier reads and I"m enjoying this one for it's adventure and action. 

What I'm listening to?

I've been kind of random in my music lately.  Variety has been good lately.


What I'm watching? 
Netflix has some good documentaries and shows on it.  We've started one together and I've started some on my own. My two favorites are Diagnosis which is about a person who has some kind of undiagnosed illness.  A doctor that writes for the NY Times writes about them and then they crowd source the diagnosis.  It's amazing how the internet connects people who have similar symptoms and medical professionals who have experience with their situation.

I also love this one!  Lots of fun baking challenges.  It's a good one!



What I'm wearing?

I've busted out my fall cozy uniform of my favorite comfy pants and cozy tees. 

I pulled this sweet dress out of the closet.  I bought it in July but it was too warm.  I feel like the happiest little picnic in this dress.



What I'm doing this weekend?

This weekend is Labor Day weekend.  Ideally, I'd love to go out of town somewhere.  But I think exploring KC is more likely.  Maybe Santi-Caligon Days in Independence?

What I'm looking forward to next month?

Did I mention that Mom and Dad are coming in town?

What else is new?

I'm going to savor these last weeks of summer.  I love fall and pumpkins and plaid but I'm going to enjoy all the social media posts until September.

Linking with the What's Up Wednesday party.

Comments

Popular Posts