What's Up Wednesday? July 2019




What we're eating this week?

Eggplant Lasagna inspired by Mary Berry
Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole - because who wants to pound, stuff, and roll chicken?
Grilled sausage with peppers and onions
Italian subs - I put banana peppers on mine and I'm a fan!  Mild, not spicy.  MMM!

What I'm reminiscing about?

I've been remembering my birthday last year.  We had the best time!  Mexican food, shopping, cake, and so many laughs.  




What I'm loving?

SUMMER!

Summer is my favorite season.  I love the warmth and the sun and even the midwest humidity.  I missed the humidity when we went to Colorado.


What we've been up to?

We  had  pretty busy weekend last week and a busy week this week.  We met some of Matt's high school friends and their wives/kids for BBQ. We went on a double date with a couple from our  small group.  We went Maggie's youngest daughter's baptism and a luncheon after that.  I had a work meeting Tuesday night.  We're going to the T-Bones game with our small group tonight.  

What I'm dreading?

Nothing, no back to school nightmares for me.  I've had a lot of people ask me about my former career.  I've run into some people I haven't seen in YEARS and met some new people who either knew I had been a teacher or asked about what I did before I worked at church.  So that's on my mind, I'm not having the standard anxiety about going back to school.

What I'm working on?

Organizing Joey's graphic tees so I can get them to my friend to start the quilts.  There are some that need to go to specific people.  Like the one below must go to Johnny.  No question!


I've also talked with a police detective in Colorado Springs that works the pawn division. On Monday he told me to go ahead and call pawn shops and offer to send them photos of the ring.  Tell them I'm working with the police and encourage them to help be on the lookout.  I found out they get restitution when something they purchase turns up stolen.  He also said they had some new items on the database so he was looking through that on Tuesday.  Matt and I called about 15 pawn shops and emailed photos to most of them.  The detective is also going to look into the maid at the hotel and see if he can come up with anything from that.  

What I'm excited about?

Mom and Dad are coming in September!  I'm not wishing away August, but come on September!

What I'm reading?

I'm this ** close to being finished with Game of Thrones.  I'm also reading In His Image by Jen Wilkin.

What I'm listening to?

I just started listening to old playlists on my itunes account.  Talk about flashbacks!

What I'm watching? 

I've been watching a Mary Berry series, she was a judge on the British Bake Off.  She's basically the Julia Child of England.  It's called Mary Berry Everyday and it's on youtube.  I've already made her eggplant lasagna and I've bookmarked a couple other recipes. 

What I'm wearing?

I decided that for the rest of this month (maybe summer) I'm going to wear dresses to church.


What I'm doing this weekend?

No plans yet.  Hoping to spend some time with Sonia and the kids this weekend.

What I'm looking forward to next month?

My 45th birthday!  I'm throwing myself a party and making my own cake.  A family fiesta!


What else is new?

I enjoyed all the hiking we did in Colorado.  I'm on the lookout for some good hiking spots in our area.  Something about taking your walk to the woods or someplace with natural beauty that makes it seem less like working out and more like an adventure.








Linking with the What's Up Wednesday party.

Comments

Popular Posts