What's Up Wednesday? April 2019



What we're eating this week?

We had quite a feast at Easter.  I made the ham and desserts.  Everyone else brought sides.  I've got plenty of leftover ham to make some leftover ham yummies.  I think tonight will be a casserole with rice and cheese and peas or broccoli.  


What I'm reminiscing about?

We had a great Easter weekend.  The message on Good Friday was so incredible!  The message on Easter Sunday was awesome!  The worship at both services was so so good!  

I spent time with my youngest brother and his girls on Friday.  I baked all day Saturday then Matt and I cleaned up the house and yard.  Sunday we had my side of the family join us at church and then Matt's family joined us at our home for lunch.  I bought nicer paper plates for lunch but had it in my head that it would be really nice for us to use real plates.  I have exactly enough real plates for both of our families.  I don't know why that delighted me but it did.   

The weather was great, so we spent time inside and outside.  We flew kites and the kids hunted eggs.  I only got a handful of photos from the day.  A sign of a day well spent, I'd say.







What I'm loving?

I'm feeling stronger and healthier than I did at this time last year - physically and mentally.


What we've been up to?

We've been walking a lot this spring.  We like to find new places to walk in our area. 





What I'm dreading?

I gave up social media for Lent and I'm dreading getting back on.  It was taking too much of my time.   I turned on screen time on my phone and saw how much time I was spending on the phone.  I couldn't complain that I didn't have enough time for things I enjoyed or for time in prayer and reading the Bible.  What better time to make a change than Lent?  It was tough at first but now I don't want to go back.  In fact, I tried logging in to FB and Insta and found myself annoyed with the whole thing.  Maybe I've gone dark forever?

What I'm working on?

Finishing up my flamingo pillow.  The front is done.  I was almost done with the back.  I was doing stripes of light and dark pink.  I was almost finished then realized I didn't have enough dark pink.  Back to the ol' drawing board.  I think if I do less rows of the dark pink and more of the light pink that will work out.  Fingers crossed. 




What I'm excited about?

I'm nervously excited to go to South Carolina next month for a work conference.  I'm really excited to go and learn and make connections with other users.  I'm also going to be presenting at two sessions on a panel.  The topic is how I got our staff on board with the new system.  The panel is just me and one other person who has been using the system for five years.  We just celebrated one year.   I'm excited they thought of me and nervous to present to so many people.

What I'm reading?

I'm finishing up one book and starting another.  I'll report back.

What I'm listening to?

We have the loudest dishwasher!

What I'm watching? 

I have finished The British Baking Show on Netflix, so now I'm watching the Masterclass.  But wait, they just released one of the first seasons of the baking show.  Yes!

What I'm wearing?
My new slippers are really comfortable.  I found them at TJ Maxx for 7.99.  They are Dearfoams, which I always like.  I like the openness of them for summer.  I see lots of cozy days ahead with these on my feet. 




What I'm doing this weekend?

One of our neighbors is hosting a block party just for our street.  I'm looking forward to it. It's something I thought would be nice to do, but no way I'd actually do it in reality.

What I'm looking forward to next month?

So much next month!  Evalyn's horse birthday party.  MPUG conference in South Carolina.  Matt's birthday.  The birth of our niece, Joanna.

What else is new?

Matt and I are planning a trip to Colorado Springs and maybe Denver.  Where should we go?


Linking with the What's Up Wednesday party.

Comments

Popular Posts