What's Up Wednesday November 23?


It's Wednesday so I'm linking up with the What's up Wednesday ladies!
What we're eating this week?
All the Thanksgiving goodness tomorrow.  I'm bringing a cheese board for appetizers.  It's going to be epic!  We ate at Houston's on the Plaza on Sunday and I had their hickory burger.  That's delicious!

What I'm reminiscing about?
This time of year I always think about that time I showed up at Starbucks on the plaza for a meet up with a guy from match.com.  Little did I know that I was walking into the best thing that's ever happened to me.  Nine years ago a week after Thanksgiving I met Matt (11/29/07 to be exact). I haven't been the same since and that's a great thing.  

What I'm loving?
Our new TV!  Matt's been researching since the day our old one died.  We didn't have a TV budget but had a little wiggle room to purchase one only at a great deal.  Our thought was a black Friday blowout sale.  But Matt found one at a great price so we bought one last weekend.

What we've been up to?
Watching TV!

What I'm dreading?
I have an appointment with my doctor today about my foot.  I hurt my foot in an exercise class months ago.  I'll rest it and feel fine.  But as soon as I start working out again or even just walking a lot it will hurt again.  I've been putting off getting it checked out but it's clear it is not healing on it's own.  So I'm going after work today.  I'll update later.  


What I'm working on?
I'm in the mood to crochet some hats.  

What I'm excited about?
My mom and dad are coming to KC for Reagan family Christmas in a couple weeks.  I can't wait to see them!

What I'm reading?
The Best Yes by Lysa Terkheurst 

What I'm listening to?
Not Christmas music.  I tried last weekend to listen to a Christmas album on Spotify and I couldn't do it.  Not yet, maybe Friday.  

What I'm wearing?
Warm clothes.  It's cold out!  My favorite CC beanie is on my head anytime I go outside.  I don't know what CC stands for but I say it's Chicago Cold because that's where and why I got it.  


What I'm doing this weekend?
Eating all the Thanksgiving goodness I can get, spending time with family, putting out Christmas decorations, and shopping.  

What I'm looking forward to next month?
Did I mention that my mom and dad are coming in town?  

What else is new?
The pastors at church have been working on a Bible reading plan for 2017.  They've been working really hard on it and recently I had a chance to get a sneak peak.  It's going to be awesome!  

Bonus:  What is my favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
I love cooking a big dinner with my mom.  She really had never needed any help because she's a rock star but she always had me help her.  I'm sure some years I was less than thrilled because I just wanted to be listening to the latest NKOTB album or something.  Ha!  I love making stuffing. mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry fluff, pies, and turkey.  Then hanging out around the table talking and laughing while we stuff ourselves silly.







Comments

Popular Posts