Geeby

A couple of months ago Jackson started calling me Geeby.  We have no idea where he came up with that but he's very clearly talking about me.  He sees me and calls me Geeby.  He was outside with the guys once playing with rocks and he picked one up and said Geeby.  Matt opened the door and he brought me the rock.  He did the same with a dandelion. 



One day while Mom and Dad were in town we had gone shopping while Johnny, Sonia and the kids napped.  When we returned Dad says, "Well, there's Jack running down the sidewalk."  Johnny was chasing after him.  They had been playing in the driveway and Jack made a run for it.  Johnny had him and told him he needed to go home.  Jack threw himself on the ground having a good old tantrum.  I just said, "Hey, what's going on here?"  He heard me, jumped up, threw his arms in the air, and yelled, "Geeby!"



I guess while I was at work the first week after Evalyn was born, Jackson kept asking for Geeby.



I went over there last Sunday to drop off dinner.  I went in the house and Jack was eating a pop tart.  He smiled big and said, "Here Geeby."  He offered me the rest of his pop tart.  Then he crawled up on the couch, patted it with his hand and said, "Sit Geeby."  Oh man!  It was all I could do to not throw the meatballs down on the carpet and sit right then and there. 



Geeby is pronounced g(as in goat)-ee-bee.  We have all wracked our brains but can't figure out where he came up with this.  Aunt Lisa and Geeby don't sound anywhere close to each other.  There are no friends or TV characters that sound like Geeby.  Who knows?  But I LOVE it and I hope it sticks forever.  I may make all my nieces and nephews start calling me Geeby.  Ha! 



He does know that I am Aunt Lisa and he has called me that.  But Geeby is my name.  And I'll take it!


Comments

Popular Posts